Main Scientific Directions of Investigations:
- We investigate a propagation, reflection, refraction, diffraction,
focusing and transformation of electromagnetic waves in ferrite films
at microwaves and wave’s properties, physical laws, phenomena
- We study various kinds of electromagnetic waves, such as magnetostatic
waves (MSW), exchange spin waves (SW), magneto-acoustic and magneto-elastic
waves, their dispersion dependencies, mode structure, orientation of
group velocity and wave vector, losses, AFC, FFC, delay time, beam paths,
- We use and design different media: ferrite films, slabs and based
on ferrite two- and multilayered structure, including layers of metal,
dielectric, semiconductor, high temperature superconductor and various
composite materials (such as media with negative permeability or permittivity
or layers, providing “magnetic wall” conditions), layers,
containing periodical system of elements and periodical systems of various
nonuniformities (domain structure, metal gratings, periodic variation
of thickness, lattice of Abrikosov’s vortexes, periodic nonuniformities
of bias magnetic field or magnetization and many kinds of artificial
materials, named usually photonic, phononic, magnonic, photonic-magnonic
and phononic-magnonic crystals).
- We investigate phase transitions and states of magnetic materials,
an absorption of electromagnetic waves from space by the various media.
- Analogue signal processing and microwave devices are our interest.
Results of our investigations are applied by designers of microwave
devices to create delay lines, filters and filter banks, using magnetostatic
Edwin H. Lock, PhD, senior researcher.
major researchers, professors, DSc
- 2, leading researcher, DSc -1, senior researchers,
PhD - 3, researchers, PhD – 1, researchers– 1, engineers
and technical workers – 3.